Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Toddler-approved egg-free, nut-free GAPS pancakes

We are currently out of duck eggs so for breakfast this morning I had to rely on the tricks I developed in our egg-free days. I whipped up these pancakes, which were a huge hit with Ellie. I genuinely enjoyed them too!

A recipe like this is great because not only is it egg-free and nut-free, it's also dairy-free, sugar-free and a great way to sneak liver into your little one's diet. This could be made with a lot of different vegetables, like pureed butternut squash or cauliflower.  When I bring these over to Ellie's highchair she shouts: "Pancakes!"


Chicken Pancakes
3 chicken thighs (pastured or free-range, organic if possible)
2 chicken livers
2 zucchinis, peeled and chopped
2 shallots
pinch Celtic sea salt

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Heat fat in a frying pan (I used lamb fat, which added a lot of great flavor). Drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot pan and cook for a couple minutes on each side. They should get a caramelized look to them when they're ready to flip. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment